What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information:
- Name and contact information for patients and emergency contacts including address, email address and telephone number
- Date of birth and other demographic information
- Billing information including provincial/territorial health insurance plan (health card) number, private medical insurance details, and credit card information for private payments
- Health information including symptoms, diagnosis, medical history, test results, reports, treatments performed, products provided or sold, record of allergies and prescriptions
- Photographs or video recordings taken for the purposes of patient care
We may collect other information that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect with your consent.
For what purposes do we use personal information?
We use personal information:
- To provide treatment and care to our patients and ensure continuity of care
- For administrative purposes such as creating and maintaining medical and business records, billing, scheduling appointments, quality assurance and risk management
- To communicate with patients and respond to patient inquiries and requests
- To contact a patient’s emergency contact in emergency situations
- To meet our legal, regulatory and professional obligations
- For research studies and trials that a patient has enrolled in
- To send targeted communications for the purposes of marketing
We may use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
When and to whom do we disclose personal information?
Disclosure for health care:Relevant health information may be shared with other professionals involved in your care, including other physicians and specialists, pharmacists, lab technicians, nutritionists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.By virtue of seeking care from us, your consent for your information to be used by the Clinic to provide you with care, and to share your information with other providers involved in your care, is implied.
Service providers:We may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to store and process patient records, provide back-up, process payments, or provide data analytics and marketing services. Personal information may be maintained and processed by our service providers in the US, Canada or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
Business transactions:In the event that the Clinic is sold, we may transfer your personal information to the purchaser. If we do so we will ensure that your medical records are transferred in accordance with legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
Disclosures authorized or required by law: There are limited situations where we are legally required or authorized to disclose your personal information without your consent. These situations include billing provincialhealth plans, reporting infectious diseases and fitness to drive, or by court order.
Disclosures with consent: We may disclose your personal information in other circumstances with your consent. For example, you may request that we share information with your insurer for insurance reimbursement purposes.
You can withdraw your consent to have your information shared other health care providers or other parties at any time, except where the disclosure is required by law. To withdraw your consent, please contact your physician who will inform you of any consequences of withdrawing your consent.
We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to improve our Website.
We may use third party service providers like Google Analytics to collect information about your use of the Platform, such as the features used and time spent on the Platform, to help us better understand our users and improve our Platform. The information we gather is used in an aggregate, non-identifiable form. For information about information is processed in connection with Google Analytics please read the Google Analytics Policy here.
How do you access the personal information held by this office?
You have the right to request access to or obtain a copy of your record in a timely manner. If you request a copy of your record, that will be arranged at a reasonable cost. If you want to view the original record, one of our staff must be present to maintain the integrity of the record, and a reasonable fee may be charged for this accesswhere permitted by law. Patient requests for access to the medical record must be made writing to the responsible physician at the office address. Please note that there are limited circumstances where access to information in your medical record must or may be denied.
What if you feel your record is not accurate?
We make every effort to ensure that all of your information is recorded accurately. If an inaccuracy is identified, you can request that it be corrected. If we do not agree that the information is inaccurate, we will nevertheless make a note of your position in your file.
How secure is your information?
Safeguards are in place to protect the security of your information. These safeguards include a combination of physical, technological and administrative security measures that are aimed at protecting personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Please note, however, that while we believe our security measures are appropriate, no security measures can guarantee absolute security of information.
How long do we keep information?
We retain patient records as required by law and professional regulations.When information is no longer required, it is destroyed in a secure manner, according to set procedures that govern the storage and destruction of personal information.
How can you contact us?
Please contact your physician or any member of our staff if you would like to:
- Request access to or correction of your personal information
- Opt-out of receiving tailored marketing communications (you may also opt-out using the unsubscribe feature provided in these messages, where applicable)
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information
Location contact Information: Zest Face + Body Clinic
Phone Number: 905.737.5550
Mailing Address: 10785 Leslie St Unit #303, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0B2